Sunday, Sep 25th

Last update10:40:33 AM GMT

You are here::

Mother, son among 5 hurt in fire

E-mail Print PDF

A Correspondent

Laxmipur: Five people, including a woman and her son, sustained burn injuries in a fire that broke out following the explosion of a gas cylinder at a house at Jadoiya village in Sadar upazila on Saturday night.

Two of the injured were identified as Shahinur Begum, wife of Mohiuddin, and their son Rahat.

Witnesses said the house of Mohiuddin caught fire after the gas cylinder went off around 9:30 pm while cooking.

The fire soon spread to three other adjoining houses.

Being informed, a firefighting unit rushed in and doused the flame after one and half an hour of frantic efforts.

Three other people were also injured while trying to go out of the houses hurriedly.

The injured were rushed to a local clinic.