Four members of a family died after eating puffer fish at Dholaipar area in the capital on Monday and Tuesday.
The deceased are Robin, 10, his brother Rummon, 12, their uncles Shaheen, 25, and Suja, 22.
Locals said Farida Akhter, a resident of Dholaipar area under Kotwali Police Station, bought some puffer fish from a local fish vendor and cooked those on Monday.
Farida is mother of Robin and Rummon and sister of Shaheen and Suja.
All the family members fell sick after eating the puffer fish at supper.
Locals took six members of the family to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital where on-duty doctor declared Robin, Rummon and Shaheen dead around 11:15pm on Monday.
Later, Suja died at the hospital around 2:35 am next day.
Farida and her eight-year-old daughter also fell sick after eating the puffer fish but they are now out of danger, according to the hospital sources.
Kotwali Police Station sub-inspector M Motaleb confirmed the incident.