Monday, Sep 26th

Last update10:41:06 AM GMT

You are here::

Laborer dies inhaling toxic air

E-mail Print PDF

A Correspondent

Narayanganj: A dying factory laborer died and four others fell seriously sick after inhaling toxic air while cleaning a boiler at Fatullah in Narayanganj Sadar upazila on Tuesday night.

The deceased identified as Dulal Mia, 35, hailed form Goabaria in Golachipa upuzila of Patuakhali district and used to live at a rented house at Sashtapur near his workplace.

The sick four were identified as foreman Farid, mechanic Rubel and laborers Siddique and Alauddin.

Sardar Md Hamid, another laborer at the factory, said five laborers, including Dulal, fell sick while cleaning a boiler and they were rushed to the emergency department at Khanpur 300-bed Hospital.

The on-duty doctors there pronounced Dulal dead.