Bogra: A fire broke out at the residential house of Mohamamd Mozzammel Haque, superintendent of police, Bogra, at Malatinagar in the town early Saturday.
Fire service sources said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at the 2nd floor of a living room of the house around 6.00 am.
Being informed, two firefighting units, led by senior station officer Rafiquzzaman rushed in and doused the flame after one hour of frantic efforts.
However, no causality was reported.
An air conditioner, an almirah and some electronic appliances were gutted in the fire.